2023 Texas Southwest Council Recharter Information
Membership in the Boy Scouts of America is for a period of one year, and each year we go through a process to renew the membership of not only the unit (Pack, Troop, Crew or Post) with the Chartered Organization, but also each youth member and adult leader. This process is called rechartering.
Internet Rechartering Key Points
- An instructional email was sent to all Units’ Key-3 with recharter details: 2023 Recharter Instruction Letter
- All units should submit recharters online by December 12, 2022 to allow time for Council review and error corrections before office holiday closures.
- Please click on the links below to access the Internet Rechartering System, User Guide, and instructional videos for assisting you with any questions you may have while processing your Charter Renewal.
- Your unit Key-3 or Key-3 delegates can access the system and start the unit recharter. The Key 3 leaders will receive an email for a final digital approval signature. This must be completed in order to finalize the Charter Renewal.
- Youth Protection training is required for all adults. If an Adult Leader’s YPT is not current, delay in a unit’s ability to post as an active unit will occur. YPT must not expire during the 2023 registration year, or it must be updated prior to recharter.
- If you have chosen to pay by E-Check, please be aware that an email will be sent to you with instructions for verifying two micro deposits. These micro deposits must be validated by you in order to complete the payment process. Your charter renewal will not complete the submittal process until the micro deposits are confirmed.
Internet Rechartering 2.0 Tools
- Internet Rechartering 2.0 program – the Internet Rechartering 2.0 system is part of Internet Advancement and can be used only by the Key 3 (Chartered Organization Representative, Committee Chair, Unit Leader) or an authorized delegate
- 2022 Internet Rechartering 2.0 User Guide – Exploring units should also read the new Exploring Addendum which explains differences in terminology and positions that apply to Exploring
- Internet Rechartering 2.0 Training Video – an approximately 15-minute video demonstration of Internet Rechartering 2.0 by BSA’s National Registrar (revised for 2022)
- BSA’s Internet Rechartering website – contains the Internet Rechartering 2.0 User Guide, demonstration video and FAQs
- BSA Frequently Asked Questions – click the link, then scroll down to find the Frequently Asked Questions
- Journey To Excellence (JTE) Scorecard – while not part of rechartering, every unit should complete a JTE scorecard each year; must be received by the council by December 31st to be counted. Patches may be ordered through the Council shop.
- My.Scouting Position Manager Help File – Position Manager can be used to assign a registered leader the role of Key Delegate enabling that leader to use Internet Rechartering 2.0