2024 Texas Southwest Council Recharter Information
Membership in the Boy Scouts of America is for a period of one year, and each year we go through a process to renew the membership of not only the unit (Pack, Troop, Crew or Post) with the Chartered Organization, but also each youth member and adult leader. This process is called rechartering.
Internet Rechartering Key Points
- An instructional email was sent to all Units’ Key-3 with recharter details: 2024 Recharter Instruction Letter
- All units should submit recharters online and make payment to the Council office by December 1, 2023 to allow time for Council review and error corrections before office holiday closures.
- Please click on the links below to access the Internet Rechartering System, User Guide, and instructional videos for assisting you with any questions you may have while processing your Charter Renewal.
- Your unit Key-3 or Key-3 delegates can access the system and start the unit recharter. The Key 3 leaders will receive an email for a final digital approval signature. This must be completed in order to finalize the Charter Renewal.
- Youth Protection training is required for all adults. If an Adult Leader’s YPT is not current, delay in a unit’s ability to post as an active unit will occur. YPT must not expire during the 2024 registration year, or it must be updated prior to recharter.
- Payment must be made to the Council office in order to receive the Scout Life benefit for all youth.
Internet Rechartering 2.0 Tools
- Internet Rechartering 2.0 program – the Internet Rechartering 2.0 system is part of Internet Advancement and can be used only by the Key 3 (Chartered Organization Representative, Committee Chair, Unit Leader) or an authorized delegate
- Internet Rechartering 2.0 User Guide – Exploring units should also read the new Exploring Addendum which explains differences in terminology and positions that apply to Exploring
- Internet Rechartering 2.0 Training Video – an approximately 15-minute video demonstration of Internet Rechartering 2.0 by BSA’s National Registrar
- BSA’s Internet Rechartering website – contains the Internet Rechartering 2.0 User Guide, demonstration video and FAQs
- BSA Frequently Asked Questions – click the link, then scroll down to find the Frequently Asked Questions
- Journey To Excellence (JTE) Scorecard – while not part of rechartering, every unit should complete a JTE scorecard each year; must be received by the council by December 15th to be counted. Patches may be ordered through the Council shop.
- My.Scouting Position Manager Help File – Position Manager can be used to assign a registered leader the role of Key Delegate enabling that leader to use Internet Rechartering 2.0